Saturday, January 07, 2006

Back to work

So this week was my first week back at work. It was a short week for me (3 days), but it couldn't have ended any sooner. Getting reacquainted with everything is a little disorienting. I'm slowly getting used to the daily grind again though. On a brighter note, it was nice to play Smash with everyone (John, Dan, and Jackie) again though.

Ah..Super Smash Brothers...sweet nectar of the gods. You see, I've been having a really tough time competing against one of my Smash buddies. So today, we played Smash for about an hour at lunch time, then for another 3 hours after work (pretty typical). I really felt I had played poorly all day, but I wanted more. So I make some calls and I find another game going on. It was with Zach and his buddies. Apparently, they have a reputation of being some hardcore Smashers, so I was extra anxious to see how I would stack up against them. I quickly found my grove, and commenced the pwnage. Don't get me wrong, they were good. I hear they compete in tournaments and such. So it was extra sweet when I got to play this one guy one-on-one. I beat him both times. The second time, I could really sense his frustration, which made it all the sweeter.

No comments: