Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Busy Signal

The last couple of months have been the busiest in recent memory. My work load has at least doubled. The pressure to grow professionally seems to be greater than ever. Duties at home are a constant. I'm being pulled in a million different directions. I suppose it's not a terrible thing to be busy. My work days fly by. I'm learning new things. The downside is the feeling like you're constantly treading water. It's both overwhelming and rewarding. The real surprising thing is that I don't feel completely burnt out (yet). Maybe it's that there's just enough exciting things on the horizon that keeps me motivated. Or maybe it's that I've started to find that elusive balance in life. I haven't figured out which it is, but for now I'll continue to attack each day with everything I have got.

No comments: