Friday, April 22, 2011

2011 Texas Independence Relay

This post is about a month and a half overdue. I've finally got a little bit of time on my hands so I'll use it to do some catching up.

This is what the 2011 TIR Team 1 roster looked like:

Runners:
Phi (Team Captain)
Ashley
Bob
Heather
Julio
Long
Luis
Lyndsey
Parker
Quan (Peter)
Shaundae
Tim

Supporters:
Thuy (Team Mom)
Andre
Garo
Jackie
Zhahan

Nearly ever person on the team was a returning TIR veteran. The exception being Luis who was actually supposed to be on the 2009 team. Now the TIR is a unique event for me because it is one that I don't put any emphasis on speed. That being said, I know it's impossible for us runners to not want to improve on previous performances. This was especially the case this year since the team was virtually the same. And man, was everyone fast. At under 30 hours this was easily our fastest year ever and everyone was running strong. I'm talking about course legs run in low 8's and 7's. Simply blazing. It's always great to see everyone do so well. The real magic about the relay is how team-centric the atmosphere is. There's really nothing like it on my running calendar.

No comments: