Sunday, February 24, 2013

NBA Fit 5K and Rodeo Run 10K Recap

NBA Fit 5K - This experience was really special for the simple fact that I would have a chance to cross the finish line with my amazing wife. This was her second 5K and she was determined to better her time. She accomplished her goal and I was lucky enough to be holding her hand as she did it.

Rodeo Run 10K - I have never done a 10K race before. The main reason I signed up for this one was because I had friends at work who wanted to form a team. Plus, the entry was really cheap and I figured it would be a great tune-up for next week's Sugar Land Half. Overall, I did better than I expected! With a huge crowd, I was just hoping to break 50 minutes. On top of that, I haven't really been doing much speed work lately either. The site was slow to get the official results up, but according to my Garmin I had finished 6.38 miles in 48 minutes and 2 seconds with an average pace of 7:32 min/miles. I was stoked. The entire event was really great. I'll definitely do this one again.

Chip Time:  00:47:59
1st 5K: 00:24:23
2nd 5K: 00:23:36
Pace: 00:07:43

No comments: