Wednesday, January 01, 2014

2013 Fall Race Recap Notes

2013 Dad's Day 5K  (0:21:49 @ 7:01 min/mile) - Hot, humid, and a new PR. 

2013 Alaina Dixon 5 Miler - This was the inaugural race named after a fellow RHC club member who collapsed during the Chevron Marathon a few years ago. The race benefited the medical team that saved her life. The club had a large presence for this one. 

2013 Chosen Marathon (4:03:18 @ 9:09 min/mile) - This was a beautiful hilly run in central Texas. It has special significance for me because its mission is to raise funds and awareness for the 165 million orphans worldwide. I would be lying if I said I didn't get emotional during this race. I was choked up and teary eyed in the final stretch as thoughts of my adoptive daughter in waiting on my mind.

I hadn't planned to shoot for any time goals this time. The course had plenty of elevation and it was early in the race season, but with the help of new friend I was pacing for a PR.

 ---- 1st Half ----                   ---- 2nd Half ----                  Chip 
Rnk     Time         Pace        Rnk Time  Pace        Time             Pace   
57 1:59:51 9:09/M 38 2:03:27  9:25/M 4:03:18.872   9:17/M



2013 Houston Half Marathon - The day after running the Chosen Marathon, I had committed to running this half marathon with a friend, who was running her very first half marathon. It's always great fun and a real privilege to be there with someone as they discover the beauty of the sport for the first time.

2013 HMSA 25K (2:13:51 @ 8:36 min/mile) - The second race of the Warm-Up series, I felt strong throughout this looped course along the Allen Parkway and Memorial. Running on tired legs didn't bother me either.

2013 FLS 30K (2:41:16 @ 8:39 min/mile) - This was the final race of the Warm-Up series. The weather was ideal if not a bit nippy if you weren't running. My final two miles weren't quite as strong as I had hoped. I need to improve my late race speed. 


No comments: