Monday, January 16, 2017

2017 Chevron Houston Marathon

Going back and reading these old entries really reminds me of how far I've come as a runner. I've now been a runner for a decade and a half and I can say with all my heart that I LOVE running. This was my tenth Chevron Houston Marathon, but it was a first in many respects. This was my first Chevron as a father. The first being away from my wife and daughter overnight. The first with zero walking, zero pain, zero issues. This was as perfect a marathon I have ever run. The day was made more perfect as I got to see my family at the 26 mile marker - my wife and daughter together cheering me on from the sideline. It was the sort of moment I had dreamed of for so many years. This one was special.

This race was a culmination of a great training season where I more than doubled my training volume and focused heavily on preparing for a strong 50 miler (BB50). I can honestly say that I have never felt stronger as a runner. This has been a dream training season for me. I've had PRs in every distance from 1 mile to 50. It feels like I have finally figured it out and I'm so excited for what's to come.

Here are the technical details.

No comments: